We take safety at our lessons, clinics, school sports programs and parties seriously.
We follow the latest updates from NSW Health closely.
After careful consideration, we are implemented the following COVID Safety Plan for our private and group lessons. Our goal is to promote the health and wellbeing of participants, parents / guardians and staff.
Please contact us for more information on our COVID Safety policies for school, council and OOSH centre programs.
SKATE NOW – COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY PLAN
Wellbeing of staff and customers
Staff, visitors and customers who are unwell
- Please do not attend our lessons if you or your child are unwell or considered a close contact of someone who has COVID-19.
- If we notice that a participant has symptoms on the day, we will inform them (or their parent / guardian) and ask that they leave the lesson.
Staff information and training on COVID-19
- We have provided staff with information on when to get tested, physical distancing, mask wearing and steps to take to ensure equipment is kept clean and sanitised.
Display conditions of entry for any participants or parents / guardians (website, social media and registration table).
- We provide updates on our website and Facebook page regarding COVID Safe Policy.
Encourage staff to access COVID-19 Vaccintation.
- We encourage staff to access COVID-19 vaccination.
- We ask that parents observe lessons from a distance while Govt. relevant restrictions are in place
- With group lessons, we adhere to NSW Health restrictions on group size limits and allow a 5-minute interval between sessions, to reduce instances of intermingling of participants, and parents from different sessions.
- When required, we will have a designated COVID Safe marshal overseeing group lessons and ensuring all relevant restrictions and public health orders are adhered to.
- We always encourage distancing between participants at our lessons, as it is important for safe skateboarding, as well as being a COVID Safe measure.
- Where necessary, we will make use of traffic cones and signage to restrict movement of parents and spectators in areas we are teaching.
- Staff have been made aware of the need to maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres where possible.
- Communication with staff outside of lessons is always via SMS and phone only.
- Staff have been alerted to the issue of potential congregations after group lessons.
Clean work areas with detergent / disinfectant between use.
- The registration table will be wiped with a sanitising wipe between sessions.
Hygiene and cleaning
Provide hand sanitiser at multiple locations throughout the workplace.
- We will provide hand sanitiser at the registration table for participants and parents. Staff members have been provided with a travel hand sanitiser.
Provide detergent / disinfectant surface wipes to clean workstations and equipment such as monitor, phone, keyboard and mouse.
- Protective equipment will be sprayed with disinfectant between sessions.
- The registration table will also be wiped with a sanitising wipe between sessions.
- Additional disinfectant and wipes will be available if any students or their parents would like to use them.
- We will use appropriate strength disinfectant products as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
Staff should wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after cleaning.
- Staff have been instructed to wash hands thoroughly before and after lessons with soap and water (or use hand sanitiser, where this is not possible).
- We will collect information via QR code using the service NSW app, and we will employ a backup method of pen and paper (in case people are unable to log onto the app due to data access issues etc.) Appropriate records including names, mobile phone numbers and emails will be kept confidentially and securely, for tracing purposes for at least a 28-day period.
- All bookings will be done via our website booking system. All participants and their parents / guardians are required to provide adequate details and contact information for contact tracing purposes.
- Customer information will kept in a manner compliant with the Privacy Act and records will be securely stored.
- We have made our staff aware of the COVIDSafe app, and the benefits of the app to support contact tracing if required.
- Skate Now is registered as a COVID safe business.
- We will cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case at our workplace, and notify SafeWork NSW.
A copy of this COVID-19 Safety Plan will be kept in the Skate Now van.